The online services website and the Uniprix Group comply with all of the technical security standards related to privacy. They use the latest software and security systems to protect the confidentiality of all personal information.
All transactions conducted on the online services website are completely confidential and secure.
- 1. Does the Uniprix Group follow a specific code of procedure for the protection of personal information?
The Uniprix Group has established a code of procedure for the protection of personal information on individual users. This code, which all employees undertake to follow, ensures that the information about you in your personal file is used only to:
- Properly manage your products and services
- Inform you about other products and services that may be of interest to you
- Meet your expectations more effectively
Only employees who need to access your personal file in the course of their work are allowed to consult it.
- 2. Is the Uniprix Group truly dedicated to the security of the transactions made using online services?
Yes. The Uniprix Group pays special attention to all matters related to security and confidentiality. Among other things, its role is to:
- Identify and manage information security risks.
- Establish information security policies, strategies and standards.
- Assist and advise owners of information on the evaluation of risks and required levels of protection, and the choice of appropriate security measures.
- Make all its employees aware of the importance of information security and of their involvement.
- 3. When I refill my prescription online, is my transaction confidential?
A number of precautions have been taken to maintain the confidentiality of the information you transmit when you perform your transactions via the Website. In fact, with the measures already implemented by the Uniprix Group and the preventive measures we recommend to you, your online transactions are as secure as they would be at the counter in your sales location.
- 4. How can I help the Uniprix Group protect my personal information?
You must choose a password known only to you and enter it every time you log in. We strongly recommend as well that you change your password at least once a month.
You should also follow a few basic measures. For example:
- Always download the latest version of your browser;
- Erase your browser's cache memory after each session;
- Make sure your computer has an updated antivirus and firewall.
- 5. What is encryption? How does it work?
Encryption is a data encoding process that ensures the security of the transmitted data. To be able to read an encrypted file, one must have access to a secret key or password to decode the information. In other words, regular text is converted into scrambled code (illegible text) during transmission and is decoded into legible text at the reception point.
The Uniprix Group uses measures and algorithms developed by the American National Security Agency (NSA), which is used by government and banks.
- 6. What can I do to keep my online transactions secure?
To make sure your transactions remain secure, simply follow these precautions.
- Never reveal your password.
- Never leave in plain view your personal information pertaining to your requests for refills.
- Never leave your computer when carrying out a transaction via the Website.
- Always sign out from your session by clicking on "Quit" before leaving your computer.
- Never send confidential information by e-mail, unless it is encrypted.
- Avoid using a password that is easy to guess.
- Change your password on a regular basis and do not use the same password more than twice during a year.
- Never use the same password for several software applications.
- Consider installing anti-virus software and a personal firewall on your computer.
- Avoid using software that saves your password on the login page of the Online Services.
- 7. What is the difference between an http and an https (SSL) Website?
Sites prefixed by https are made secure using the Secure Security Layer (SSL) encryption process.
The use of the this protocol allows you to verify the site's credentials using an authentication certificate. It guarantees the confidentiality of data exchanged between your browser and our servers.
- 8. Is the transmission of information by email secure?
In general, information contained in email is not protected. For that reason, we never send confidential information by email.
- 9. Are the registration forms secure?
Yes. All of our forms are protected using the SSL encryption protocol (see question 7). This protection is generally confirmed by a small closed lock appearing on your browser screen.